Moving to a new place is usually associated with considerable costs. People often seek ways to reduce unnecessary relocation expenditures. But little do some of them know that by hiring professional movers it is possible to not only minimize the risk of damaging their valuable possessions but also find affordable services that will help them save money in the long run.
Average costs associated with moving locally
The difference between moving locally and over great distances lies in the way the chosen moving company will charge you. When it comes to local relocation, most moving companies charge an hourly rate for labor and frequently have an hourly minimum. You should be prepared to pay anywhere from $25 to $60 an hour for a particular number of professional local movers from the chosen locally-based moving company. This price only accounts for the work a professional moving crew will perform, and most estimates will not include the cost of a moving truck or any additional services.
The range of prices for each hour depends on the number of items you need to be transported from one place to another, as well as the amount of time it takes to transport those items.
- Expect to pay between $50 and $100 per hour to move a one- or two-bedroom apartment because the majority of moving tasks involve two or more movers.
- Costs of at least $200 an hour usually involve a professional moving crew preparing a great volume of customer’s belongings for the upcoming move.
The possibility to book additional services
In accordance with the specifics of your local move, you have the opportunity to book additional services at the chosen full service moving company. The hourly rate charged by movers is not the only possible cost you will incur while relocating locally. Costs like these may change based on the movers you hire and the services you need. Some of the common forms of extra payment are as follows:
- Special items maintenance. There may be additional fees for transporting large, heavy, or fragile objects including pianos, pool tables, artwork, antiques, and fragile things. To transport these goods securely, unique tools, extra hands, or expert knowledge are often required.
- Furniture disassembly/reassembly. Some moving services may charge extra if you have furniture that needs to be disassembled before the move and then reassembled at the new location. Disassembly and reassembly costs might vary depending on factors such as item complexity and quantity.
- Additional storage. There may be fees associated with storage services if you need to keep your things in a storage facility before, during, or after your local move. The costs will vary based on the size and length of time you use the storage unit.
- Packing/unpacking. The moving company may charge more if you require their assistance packing or if you want them to pack everything for you. The total price may be affected by both the quantity and difficulty of the packing task.
Get a comprehensive estimate that covers all possible fees and negotiate these with the moving company ahead of time. If you want to be provided with the precise moving cost for your move and to avoid any unpleasant surprises on a moving day, be sure to convey your specific requirements and any unusual items.
Selecting the right fully licensed and insured service
Contact local moving companies in your area and ask for moving quotes based on your unique needs to get an exact cost for your relocation. The size of your property, the distance of your relocation, and the number of extra services you choose will all play a role in the more accurate quote they produce. Compare the prices and select the most suitable for you moving service.
Tipping your local movers
Tipping is completely optional and should reflect your level of satisfaction with the service rendered and the difficulty of the local move. The standard tip for moving labor is between 10% and 20% of the entire cost of the transfer. The exact sum is negotiable and depends on the client’s financial means and the quality of service received.
Rely on our professional moving crew
Our Born to Move moving company specializes in performing any kind of move, including local relocations. Having operated since 2016, the best Born to Move movers have gained considerable knowledge and skills to maintain local moves efficiently and professionally. We offer affordable moving services designed to meet the requirements of your unique relocation. Our locally-based moving company performs local relocations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Rhode Island, and within many other states. The professional moving crew will do all the loading, unloading, and unpacking, making sure to deliver your personal belongings to their final destination safely and without any damage. Do not hesitate to give us a call to book your local move today.