Moving house or flat is undoubtedly considered one of the most stressful and exciting processes at the same time. There are so many things that ought to be planned ahead that if something skips your attention, you will have to deal with unpleasant consequences. But planning your move beforehand is what can help you avoid any worries and disquiets. Planning involves selecting essential supplies for packing your personal belongings thus protecting them and preparing for the move.
Packing boxes and other essential packing supplies for moving
By having prepared all the necessary packing materials in advance, you can broaden your moving experience and ease the relocation process. We have created a list of must-have packing supplies and materials, explaining how and when to use them:
- Packing tape gun. The gun with an inserted packing tape is easier to use than the basic packing tape. But keep in mind that the packing tape gun ought to be loaded with high-quality heavy-duty tape. The reason for doing that is very simple; the cheap packing tape tends to be thinner, meaning it is prone to breaking or is not as sticky as the more expensive options. You for sure do not want to get your box randomly open during transit.
- Bubble wrap. Since there is an extensive range of bubble wraps available, make sure to select the one according to your needs. Why do you need such material in the first place? Bubble wrap, regardless of its type, is used to protect fragile items or oddly shaped assets during the move as they usually provide additional cushioning. The material is available in sheets of different sizes, depending on what kind of items you are to protect. Moreover, bubble wrap is not expensive.
- Cardboard boxes. This is an absolute must-have for any move. Keep in mind that those boxes ought to be brand new because such ones are more reliable than the already used ones. For your move, you will need cardboard boxes of different sizes. Smaller boxes are used for heavier but smaller assets, such as books, whereas larger boxes are reserved for such items, as pillows, blankets, etc. Furthermore, some of the companies provide plastic boxes that are considered even more reliable and environment-friendly as they can be re-used. You will also need to consider acquiring boxes for your dishes, wardrobe, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Packing labels. There are items that ought to be packed in advance, as well as those items you will need first when you arrive at your new house, the ones that are reserved for last-minute packing. Thus, labeling your boxes and containers is very helpful in terms of providing information regarding the contents of each box you packed. One may think he will be able to memorize every item being put in the box, but, since there is many an item when moving a house, you’d better label each box to keep things organized. It is mandatory to use packing labels; instead, use permanent marker pens of different colors so as to mark the boxes that ought to be opened first, as well as the ones you can unpack some time later.
Those are the essential packing supplies one needs to perform the move and keep all the things organized and protected from any damage. Additionally, you can acquire moving blankets, covers for various pieces of furniture, or cargo straps.
How to choose the best company among a wide range of packing and moving companies near me
If you decide to find a reliable moving company to help you perform the move, there is many a criterion to take into account before selecting one. The moving company with a many-year experience in the industry, apart from performing basic moving tasks, ought to provide a customer with a great selection of moving supplies and packing materials. The local and packing moving companies will help you find the answers to the following questions:
- How to pack assets to avoid any damages?
- Where can I buy packing boxes?
- How long does the packing process take on average?
- How to disassemble pieces of furniture and when?
Our moving company and skilled movers will be glad to answer any of your inquiries, providing detailed answers and insight into the forthcoming moving process in general.