|Size of the move||flat price range|
|studio||$1,950 - $2,200|
|small 1 bedroom||$2,300 - $2,600|
|large 1 bedroom||$2,600 - $2,900|
|small 2 bedroom||$2,600 - $3,000|
|large 2 bedroom||$3,000 - $4,000|
|3 bedroom apt||$3,200 - $4,200|
|2 bedroom townhouse/house||$3,200 - $4,200|
|3 bedroom townhouse/house||$3,900 - $4,900|
|4 bedroom townhouse/house||$5,000 - $7,000|
|5+ bedroom townhouse/house||starting from $6,000|
|delivery time range|
Chicago, IL, is a dream destination for many movers around the world. Yet, if you are one of those who are moving out of Chicago, there might be a question outstanding about where to go.
Sometimes it’s necessary to cross the whole country to find a place that you can call home. And sometimes, a few hours of driving is enough to settle down and be happy in a new state.
Chicago to Grand Rapids
Born to Move is a professional company that performs all kinds of requests. We love our long-distance moving. However, some of them feel like they’re over before they’ve even begun— Chicago to Grand Rapids, for instance. All the movers from Chicago to Grand Rapids have to do is go around lake Michigan. A three-hour drive is all that divides these two cities.
Still, it’s a full interstate moving process with all the challenges that follow. When moving to Grand Rapids from Chicago, you cross the Michigan state border and move to a different time zone.
Moving out of IL to Michigan means new laws to get used to. It applies to the movers, too — make sure you’re not transferring prohibited items into a new state.
Delegate the task of delivering your items when you relocate to Grand Rapids.
Born to Move will be your guide on this path and direct your steps should you ask for it.
Interested in how our moving company can help? Read on and get all the answers!
Benefits of a Professional Moving Company
If this is your first moving experience, make sure you rely on proven professionals.
Born to Move is a fully licensed company that has provided its services since 2013.
We help movers from Chicago to Grand Rapids, as well as movers from Grand Rapids to Chicago. We actively work in both these directions.
What are they?
Our standard relocation package includes the following:
- Highly efficient team
- Fully equipped truck
- Furniture assembling and disassembling
- Wrapping and packing
- Loading and unloading
- Safe delivery
Would-be movers can request a free estimate and decide whether they’re in or not.
An Example of the Moving Procedure
The unknown can always seem frightening. To break this uncertainty, read our description of the average moving procedure before your move to Grand Rapids. It works like this:
- The movers give us a call and get a free estimate based on the moving size.
- After getting a final rate, the moving date is arranged. The movers wait for the experts from Born to Move to come to their address in Chicago, IL.
- To park the truck as close to the entrance as possible, the movers are advised to obtain a parking permit. This will make the whole procedure smooth and quick.
- Our professional packers will protect the floors — heavy furniture moving can damage them.
- They will disassemble the furniture, wrap it up, and pack it.
- It’s important to note that our staff arrives with a set of packing materials and boxes.
- After loading the truck, our employees will drive to your new address in Grand Rapids.
- There they will perform the same procedure in reverse: unload the items, unpack, unwrap, and then assemble the furniture back. Your Grand Rapids home is ready for living!
That’s why many people end up relocating with our company. We care about your moving experience and foresee the most troublesome moments. For each of them, we have a ready-made solution.
Special Moving Offers
Any list of services would be incomplete if we didn’t mention our special offers.
Since most people end up moving with more than just a desk and a couple of chairs, we put together some additional services:
- White Glove moving. A highly demanded feature among those movers who have fragile items or antique furniture. If you feel that some of the belongings won’t survive the average trip from Chicago to Grand Rapids, inform us about it.
- Commercial moving. This works best for business owners who want to transfer equipment and office furniture for a reasonable price.
- Art and antique moving. For those who have a museum in their house. It’s a job that requires special knowledge and skills, and we’re proud to claim that our staff has it all.
- Piano moving. For our musical movers, there’s a special service for piano hoisting and moving. This process requires a special technique, and not every moving company will risk moving a piano. You can rely on Born to Move — the music will be with you wherever you are.
- Overnight or long-term storage. An excellent solution for those who need to leave some stuff behind. Movers are allowed to keep any items there.
And here’s a short list of other pleasant extras that we provide for our Grand Rapids movers:
- Eco-friendly moving
- Disposal services
- Professional packing in Chicago
- Hoisting the furniture
The additional options require more manpower, time, and, sometimes, special equipment. This means they cost more than the standard services. Don’t worry — we will always let you know the final figures. Just let us know about your Grand Rapids moving wishlist before the departure.
Prices for Movers to Grand Rapids
Speaking of prices, Born to Move offers reasonable quotations to movers from Chicago to Grand Rapids.
Hourly rates are our solution to keep our clients happy and our staff well-paid.
The shortest possible notice period for a booking is 3 hours. That means that movers from Chicago to Grand Rapids, as well as movers from Grand Rapids to Chicago, can book our company at their convenience.
With approximately 207 miles to drive from Chicago to Grand Rapids, our team will additionally perform the loading and unloading of your items — Chicago movers to Grand Rapids won’t have to carry anything themselves.
No need to worry about packing materials — we’ll take everything we need along with us. Tape, bubble wrap and box supplies are a part of our service. We also wrap and pack your items and disassemble your furniture if it’s possible. Upon delivery, we help you to unpack and to reassemble it all.
Though the journey is rather short, it can include tolls, stops at gas stations and perhaps even unpredictable circumstances. All the possible expenses are taken into account in the final quote. Our movers don’t have to worry about getting a new bill upon arrival to Grand Rapids.
We provide full insurance as well. Your stuff will be safe, and no additional costs will be charged for that.
Born to Move offers various discounts, and sometimes sharing a truck is an option to save money.
Though we are always eager to help with packing and loading, not every item can be transferred to a new state. Be aware that we watch out for:
- Restrictions. Each state has its own requirements for safety. Our experience is living proof that certain items, such as plants, drugs, weapons, or frozen food, can be forbidden for moving out of Chicago to Grand Rapids. There’s a list of items that Born to Move has the right to reject.
- Safety while driving. Flammable liquids, chemicals, and fireworks may be excluded from our delivery service. The above-mentioned can be transferred in specially equipped trucks as a part of commercial moving though — but it needs to be discussed first.
If you’re interested in other details of moving to Grand Rapids, visit our website. We have an educational section dedicated to amateur movers.
Waiting for Our Grand Rapids Movers
If Chicago is a place that you left temporarily and you’re going back — let us know! Movers from Grand Rapids to Chicago should know that we do both directions and are always happy to meet our clients once again.
Born to Move stays loyal to its purpose — high-quality relocation assistance at affordable rates.
We’ve been performing our duties for a long time, and this is a road that never comes to an end. We’re happy to be of use along the way to other agile movers who seek and find better places to live.
Our hourly rates include all other charges:
- Labor & Equipment
- Floor Protection
- Wrapped Furniture
- No Additional Fees
- Fuel Charge
- Safe Delivery
- Guaranteed Price