Getting tired of Chicago’s winters and thinking about starting a new chapter in your life in a warmer place? You’re not alone, fellow movers! Here’s a summary of how to change your life in just one call to a professional moving company.
If moving within Chicago suburbs is not an option in your case, don’t worry! Interstate moving is not as tiresome as you might think. With a reliable moving company at your side, swapping IL for a new state is a manageable task.
Moving from Chicago to Richmond
Virginia is a southeastern state with a friendlier climate than Chicago, IL. Though it includes many welcoming towns, its capital, Richmond, is the perfect location for those who are leaving IL.
Indeed, many future movers from Chicago to Richmond wonder how to embark on this journey. As moving professionals, Born to Move has a lot to say on the subject of interstate moving. We are going to cover the most vital questions related to the delivery of items from point A to point B with as little stress as possible.
Chicago to Richmond — Where to Start
Potential movers from Chicago may worry about how to tackle the matter best. Our advice would be — to plan your packing. Even better — ask for help.
Professional packers are the best solution when there’s a limited time and enough other moving-related issues to deal with. If you wonder which moving company could be of help in this matter, you’ve come to the right page!
For instance, Born to Move is a full-service company that offers movers from Chicago to Richmond various types of assistance:
- Professional packing
- Moving and storage
- Commercial moving
- Arts and antiquity moving
- Piano moving
Apart from packing, there are other challenges for movers from Chicago to deal with. Getting a quote for a delivery to Richmond is a key step toward a safe move. It helps in planning your budget for the relocation.
One of the best ways to get rid of possible complications is to contact a licensed interstate company for moving. Born to Move is a fully licensed company. We can show you all our certificates upon request. Legal operating means delivering a top level of service with no unexpected issues to ruin it. Therefore, our movers can safely delegate delivery to us.
Best Example of Born to Move’s Work
Wondering what the standard moving procedure from Chicago to Richmond will look like? Here’s an overview.
- The movers from Chicago to Richmond wait for the Born to Move crew at their address in Chicago.
- At the arranged time, our team of professionals arrives and parks near the entrance. That’s where the parking permit is necessary. We usually ask our movers to get one beforehand.
- The packers will wrap the items and pack them in boxes. To avoid damaging the floor, it will be covered with special blankets. All the items are loaded onto the truck carefully.
- For a long-distance move, it is necessary to follow a certain order of truck loading. Our staff is efficient and knows exactly how to perform this task.
- Then the truck departs and starts moving from Illinois to Virginia to the new address in Richmond.
- To keep our movers calm, we provide GPS-location tracking for the truck.
- The drive from Chicago to Richmond might take up to 14 hours.
- After arriving at the Richmond address, the procedure will be performed in reverse: unloading the items, unpacking and unwrapping them and reassembling the furniture.
The movers will not have to deal with the pile of belongings on their own.
Moving Company for Minimum Expenses
Movers from Chicago to Richmond who have decided on the relocation should contact our team. There are two ways to reach out, on the phone or via an online request. Either way, the movers get a full consultation and a free estimate of the moving size.
At the same time, the movers have to clarify exactly what is expected of the Born to Move crew. Why is this important?
Born to Move has a flat price policy. In other words, the client will pay the sum that was initially quoted. Chicago’s costs of living are quite high, and movers have to watch out for additional expenses during the relocation.
Born to Move protects its clients from hidden costs or extra charges for unpredicted miles or petrol stops along the way. There will be no extra services added on that turn out to be useless but need to be paid for in the end.
To be able to support this policy, we apply hourly rates. The minimum time that movers can book is three hours. During that time, our customers will get the following:
- A moving truck
- Packing materials
- Wrapping/unwrapping upon delivery
- Disassembling/assembling furniture
- Floor protection
- Loading/unloading the stuff
Still, there are situations when the standard moving package is not enough for movers and has to be supplemented by additional services. Since they require special skills and equipment, their cost needs to be covered additionally. Our movers are always informed about changes in the price.
Additional Services for Movers from IL
Though we have mentioned special services such as commercial moving or piano moving, there are still extra features that a mover to Richmond can book:
- Furniture hoisting
- Express moving
- Packing the items instead of the client
- Overnight storage
- Disposal services
- Eco-friendly moving
- Fragile items or antiquity
We understand that plans can change at the last minute, and we can actually sort out such situations. Still, movers have to contact us first to discuss all the details.
What Can’t be Transferred to Richmond?
Though there’s a long list of what we can do, there are still some restrictions that movers have to be aware of:
- We can’t take people or their pets along with us.
- Plants are a debatable item for interstate moving.
- Flammable materials or compressed air containers can be rejected.
- Prescription drugs can be prohibited in some states.
If there are still more questions on how to book our company for moving from Chicago to Richmond, Virginia, or from Richmond to Chicago — visit our website. We have a blog with essential tips on planning the move, packing, and more.
We also have a form that you can fill in to calculate the approximate price for moving.
Plan Your Move with Us
Movers from Richmond to Chicago should be aware that relocation is a path that’s easier when divided with moving professionals.
Whether it’s your return journey or it’s your first move from Richmond to elsewhere, we’re always nearby. Movers from Richmond to Chicago can count on our assistance — we will move your belongings from Richmond to Chicago just as easily.
The first step to smooth relocation is to contact the Born to Move company.
Our hourly rates include all other charges:
- Labor & Equipment
- Floor Protection
- Wrapped Furniture
- No Additional Fees
- Fuel Charge
- Safe Delivery
- Guaranteed Price